Almost 4 years ago, I wrote a blogpost about deobfuscating a simple AutoIt obfuscator. Today I have a new target which is using a
custom obfuscator. smile
Update: This obfuscator is called ObfuscatorSG and can be downloaded from Github. Thanks Bartosz Wójcik!
Author had a very specific request about the methods used to solve the crackme:
If I'm allowed to be picky, I'm primarily interested in scripted efforts to RegEx analyze strings/integers. Very little effort (as in none) went into hiding the correct string. The script was merely passed-through a self-made obfuscator.
In this article I'll show the things I tried, where and how I failed miserably and my final solution for this crackme. I really suggest that you download the crackme from tuts4you and try replicating each step along the way, that way it will be much easier to follow the article.
So, let's get started!